Lace is mysterious. You knit along and it looks like a yarny lump. Until you block it, and then something glorious appears. And the time is fast approaching for the first PicnicKnits Mystery Shawl Knit-A-Long. Here’s what you need to know:
- This shawl is worked from the top down, starting at the neckline. It will be a little more than a half circle, so it will sit nicely on your shoulders. This shawl is NOT side-to-side.
- I’m using one skein Dream In Color Baby in Punky Fuschia and size 6 (4mm) needles. As with most lace, a semi-solid or solid color will show the patterning best. Baby has 700 yards to 113 grams (or 3.99 ounces). It is considered a lace weight, but I would really call it a light fingering.
- Clues will be e-mailed to participants once a week beginning on August 15th. All clues will be provided in charted and written format.
- Discussion and support will take place on Ravelry in the PicnicKnits group. Ravelry accounts are free if you don’t have one already.
- There will be five clues that are approximately the same amount of knitting. When you make your purchase you will receive a supplies list and a charted and written pattern for a gauge swatch.
- Early bird sales are happening now! The early bird price is $6.00 – the later gator (full) price is $9.50. The early bird price will be available until August 5th. That will be the last day to buy the pattern at the early bird price.
The Daphne Ann Mystery Knit Shawl on Ravelry – $6.00 USD
Don't miss an update!
Subscribe to keep up with all things PicnicKnits - new patterns, subscriber only specials, tutorials, and the best knitting things I find!
And when you subscribe your very first e-mail from me includes the patterns for this beautiful hat & mitt set!